- Kingdom Kids staff may be reached at 281-351-8223 during scheduled Kingdom Kids hours.
- The Kingdom Kids After-School Program hours are: registered students 3:20pm-6:30pm & drop-in students 3:30pm-6:30pm. Salem Lutheran School staff will bring students to the after-school program at the times listed above. Care is available on early dismissal days beginning at the scheduled dismissal time. (Parents are responsible for providing lunch for their child on early dismissal days.) If a child is not picked up by 6:30pm a late fee of $1.00 per minute/per child will be charged.
- The Kingdom Kids After-School Program is open on regularly scheduled school days. There is no care on the first day of school, Grandparent’s Day, or the last day of school. If the school closes or dismisses early due to inclement weather or any other reason, the after-school program will not be held.
- The daily schedule provides time for centers, snack and homework 3:30-4:15. Outside play on the SLS playground 4:15-5:15. Centers and homework 5:15-6:30. Please convey your family expectations of daily homework to your child. Opportunity, supplies and help are provided. Please understand that the Kingdom Kids staff will remind and encourage your child, but we cannot force your child to complete homework.
- Copies of the annual Childcare Facility Inspection Form, Harris County Fire Marshal’s Inspection Form, and the Harris County Health Department’s Report are located in the Early Childhood Office and available for your review. The Minimum Standards and Guidelines for Daycare Centers, Daycare License, Monthly Lesson Plan, and Snack Calendar are also available for your review.
- The Kingdom Kids After-School Program is licensed with the Salem Early Childhood license by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. They may be reached by calling 713-940-3009 or by visiting their website at www.dfps.state.tx.us. The child abuse hotline may be reached by calling 1-800-252-5400.
- The Kingdom Kids After-School Program utilizes the playgrounds of Salem Lutheran School. Salem Lutheran School is not required to meet and may not meet all playground Child Care Licensing safety standards.
- The Kingdom Kids staff does not administer medications unless arrangements are made in advance with the program director. Medications must meet state licensing guidelines and be administered according to those guidelines.
- Children should be symptom free without medication for 24 hours before attending Kingdom Kids. (This includes fever, vomiting and diarrhea.) If your child becomes ill while in Kingdom Kids you will be asked to pick him/her up immediately.
- Students are not permitted to have personal cell phones on their person during Kingdom Kids. Cell phones are to be kept in their backpack. This follows the SLS school rules and extends through to the 6:30pm closing time when in attendance at Kingdom Kids.
- Students are expected to follow and maintain the SLS dress code. Kingdom Kids has outside play daily (including winter) weather permitting. Please be sure that your child is dressed accordingly.
- All toys and games brought from home are the sole responsibility of your child. Kingdom Kids staff and SLS are not responsible for the loss or damage of these items. The Kingdom Kids staff reserve the right to limit or prohibit the use of any item brought from home.
- Children must be signed in and out each day. Only authorized adults will be allowed to pick up your child. (Adults must be 18 years or older.) If you have a special circumstance where a parent is not allowed to pick up a child, a copy of the court order must be on file with the after-school program.
- Parents will be notified of program changes, policy changes, or other pertinent information through one or more of the following: program notes, school newsletters, school website, email, Wednesday folders and/or home mailings.
- Kingdom Kids After-School Program will provide a daily afternoon snack with water. Sack lunches must be sent with your child when attending Kingdom Kids on early dismissal days. Kingdom Kids is not responsible for meeting the overall daily nutritional needs of your child.
- According to the Texas Penal Code any area within 1000 feet of the campus is a gang free zone. Criminal offenses related to organized criminal activity are subject to a harsh penalty.
- In addition to the Conduct Policy below, students fourth through eighth grade will follow the same discipline management system as outlined in the SLS Handbook. Slips will be administered when needed and turned into the SLS office.
Conduct Policy/Disciplinary Action Plan
Kingdom Kids After-School Program expects and encourages positive behavior while participating in this program. It is a privilege to offer this program and a privilege for your child to be enrolled in this program. We believe that every child is entitled to a pleasurable and safe environment while participating in this program.
We expect that each child will:
- Respect themselves, other students and staff. (Including attitude, actions, words and tone of voice.)
- Be responsible for personal belongings and respect the personal belongings of other students.
- Be responsible with school property – treating activities, furniture and room with care.
- Follow proper safety procedures. (Check in/out procedures and staying with the group.)
- Follow classroom and playground rules.
- Be responsible for his/her personal actions, solving conflict with communication in an age-appropriate way (with the guidance of an adult when needed).
- Follow all Salem Lutheran School rules and behavior guidelines.
Unacceptable behavior includes (but is not limited to):
- Disrespect for another student or staff.
- Ignoring or disobeying safety procedures, classroom rules and/or playground rules.
- Possession of reading materials, games, or other items not appropriate to this classroom setting. (*Please help your child choose wisely and monitor items brought to school. Please remember that any item brought from home is the sole responsibility of your child. Kingdom Kids staff reserves the right to limit or prohibit the use of any item brought from home.)
- Engaging in fighting or using physical aggression with other students or staff.
Disciplinary Action Plan:
Age appropriate behavior that is guided and corrected in the classroom setting is considered handled. Parent may be notified verbally of behavior to remind and reinforce appropriate behavior.
- 1st Incident – Parent notified of behavior on Conduct Report Form. (Behavior reminder)
- 2nd Incident – Parent notified of behavior on Conduct Report Form. (Disciplinary write-up; school administration notified of behavior.)
- 3rd Incident – Parent notified of behavior on Conduct Report Form. (Immediate suspension from Kingdom Kids After-School Program of 1-3 days, time frame determined based on seriousness of incident. School administration notified of suspension. Child will not be admitted to Kingdom Kids during a suspension. There is no tuition reimbursement during suspension.)
- 4th Incident – Parent notified of behavior on Conduct Report Form. (Immediate termination from the Kingdom Kids After-School Program. School administration notified of termination.)
Incidents that are extreme in nature and/or include knowingly injuring another student or staff may result in immediate suspension and/or termination.
Suspension and termination from the Kingdom Kids After-School program is an extremely serious issue. School administration and the school commission may be notified and/or involved in making this decision