Kingdom Kids is an after-school program creatively designed for God’s children here at Salem Lutheran School (SLS). Our mission and prayer is that Kingdom Kids will be a time they look forward to as they grow and learn in a safe, loving environment.
- Kingdom Kids offers after school care for SLS students.
- Students may attend full-time, drop-in or emergency only.
- Program is licensed by the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services.
- Program is administered by Salem Early Childhood.
- Program offers an after-school snack, time for relaxation, activity centers, outside time and time for homework.
Hours of Operation
The Kingdom Kids After-School Program hours are:
- Registered students: 3:20pm-6:30pm
- Drop-in students: 3:30pm-6:30pm
Salem Lutheran School staff will bring students to the after-school program at the times listed above. Care is available on early dismissal days beginning at the scheduled dismissal time. (Parents are responsible for providing lunch for their child on early dismissal days.) If a child is not picked up by 6:30pm a late fee of $1.00 per minute/per child will be charged.
The Kingdom Kids After-School Program is open on regularly scheduled school days. There is no care on the first day of school, Grandparent’s Day, or the last day of school. If the school closes or dismisses early due to inclement weather or any other reason, the after-school program will not be held.
- 3:30-4:15: Centers, snack and homework
- 4:15-5:15: Outside play on the SLS playground
- 5:15-6:30: Centers and homework
Please convey your family expectations of daily homework to your child. Opportunity, supplies and help are provided. Please understand that the Kingdom Kids staff will remind and encourage your child, but we cannot force your child to complete homework.